Set in 130 acres of gentle valley, the course combines elements of both parkland and moorland with varied interest from the first hole to the last.
Designed by the world-renowned golf course architect Dr Alister MacKenzie in 1914, the course has two loops of 9 holes with a white course of 6,477 yards and a par of 71 and a red course of 5,513 yards with a par of 72. Visitors and members alike regularly praise the quality of the course and the greens, and a friendly welcome awaits all who enjoy playing golf in a delightful setting. The course is economical, with minimal walking times between greens and their following tees. While the course can be quite forgiving, it still commands respect with its fair share of bunkers, water hazards, rough and spinneys lying in wait for a careless shot.